I am pleased to announce the availability of a scholarship for the National Career Development Association’s Facilitating Career Development Training that is offered on the University of Wisconsin–Madison campus. One scholarship will be offered for the Summer 2022 class and one will be offered for the Fall 2022 class. Each $500 scholarship can be used to assist with the cost of tuition (The total cost of tuition is $1450 and the cost of books is approximately $300.) Scholarship applications will be accepted until May 1st for the Summer Class and until August 1st for the Fall class. The scholarship funds will be applied directly to the cost of the course. Monies will not be distributed to the recipients.
The Review Committee will consider the following factors when selecting a recipient:
- Clear and convincing description of the value of this professional development experience to you and your students/clients or colleagues
- A description of your intentions to share information, new skills, and knowledge with your colleagues, students, or clients.
Instructions for Application
Please submit the following in an email to Judy Ettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Attach a file (Word file or PDF), that includes:
- Name, Title, Place of Employment
- Why is this course important to you and how will it improve your effectiveness in the field of career development? (Please limit your response to two paragraphs.)
- As part of the scholarship, we want to know how you will be sharing the information from the course with your colleagues, students, or clients. In a few paragraphs please describe activities you plan to engage in after the training.
- Prepare a one-page resume or blurb that details your past accomplishments as they relate to the course competencies.
- 1-2 letters of recommendation from a coworker, colleague, supervisor, or someone who is familiar with your personal and career goals.
Deadlines for Submission
Summer Class: May 1, 2022
Fall Class: August 1, 2022
Questions? Contact Dr. Judy Ettinger at email@example.com
2022 Roger Gantzarow & Kathy Eidsmoe Memorial Scholarship for NCDA FCD Training
Wisconsin Career Development Association’s Roger Gantzarow & Kathy Eidsmoe Memorial Scholarship provides assistance for individuals who complete the National Career Development Association’s Facilitating Career Development (FCD) training through a Wisconsin FCD trainer. This $500 scholarship may be used to help pay for tuition and/or the cost of books associated with the FCD training.
The scholarship is intended only for individuals who pay for the FCD training themselves, without assistance from an employer. Applications will be reviewed and a scholarship winner will be chosen based on responses. The recipient will receive the scholarship funds after submitting a copy of their Facilitating Career Development Training certificate of completion to WCDA. One scholarship recipient is selected each calendar year. Scholarship applications will be reviewed until a scholarship recipient has been selected.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be a member of Wisconsin Career Development Association (WCDA)
- Must live in Wisconsin
- Must work in a career development related position in Wisconsin or attend graduate school in Wisconsin
- Must be participating in a Wisconsin-based NCDA FCD Training with a Wisconsin-based Trainer
- Must be paying for the NCDA FCD Training themselves. Registration fees must be paid by the participant, not the participant’s employer. To clarify, if your employer is paying for your registration fee in full, then you are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. If your employer is paying for a portion of your registration fee, then you are eligible to apply for the scholarship. If you are paying for the registration fee yourself, then you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Must have be completing the NCDA FCD program in 2022. A copy of your NCDA FCD certificate of completion is required before scholarship funds will be disbursed.